INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Parents, are you looking for activities to keep your kids entertained and engaged while they’re at home?
Join CBS4 Meteorologist Star Derry on Facebook Live every Wednesday morning at 10:15 for “Weather School” — a fun and interactive lesson with a related art project.
All craft projects can be completed with either items you have around the house or printouts we’ll provide you here. There’s no need to buy supplies.
We encourage you to join in live Wednesday mornings so your children can interact with the group in real time, ask questions and post pictures. Star will monitor the comments and respond to as many questions as she can.
For those who can’t join us live, the video of each week’s lesson will be posted on this page every Wednesday by early afternoon so your kids can participate later. Check back every week for updated lessons and information.
Here’s a preview of the schedule, plus the materials you’ll need to participate:
Wednesday, March 25 – Observing the weather
- Lesson: Weather observation tools like rain gauges and anemometers
- Craft: Making an anemometer out of Dixie cups
Wednesday, April 1 – Forecasting the weather
- Lesson: How we predict the weather before it happens
- Printable activity sheets: Weather forecast art and weather cubes
Wednesday, April 8 – Storms!
- Lesson: The difference between a watch and a warning, plus how to build a safety plan
- Craft: Making different types of clouds with cotton balls and construction paper
- For this lesson we’d love to see videos of your kids explaining the difference between a watch and a warning. We will try to get some of them on air!
We can’t wait for you to join us Wednesday morning at 10:15!
Suggest a Correction